• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Connecting PS1 to Marantz PM7001

Dear forum,

I have bought in addition to my two satelites TS3 the beautifull PS1
    According to the manual I should connect as well the LINE IN and LINE OUT of the sub to the PRE OUT and MAIN IN of the Marantz.

This is all possible, but reading the manual of the Marantz I learned that there is a switch named SEPARATE build in.
    I cannot get it clear wether this switch must be ON or OFF

Please can someone advice me and tell me also what would be the reason to choose this option.

Another question I have regards the settings of the sound haracteristics.
    In the manual there is no explanation what the knob VAR.PHASE is for?
    Who can help me

I wait all your tips
    kind regards
    Wim

Hi Flimkelder,
    I'm not very familar with subwoofers. However, if I correctly understand the manual of my PM14, in coupled mode the pre-out and main-in connectors are shortened by an internal bridge. (i.e. the Marantz works as an integrated amp)

In separated mode there is no bridge. The signal leaves the pre-amp at the pre-out connectors, passes trough the subwoofer and comes back to the power amp via the main-in connectors. In this scenario the sub should work as a filter for low frequencies (thus discharging the amp and the main speakers)

This is the common configuration when using a subwoofer, however it might become difficult to correctly adjust everything.

Hope this helps (and my english is comprehensible) ;-)
    Stefan

Kommentar

Hi Wim

The switch must be in position on. This is described in the manual on page 12
      The phase-controller allows a smooth phase-rotation of 0-180 °.

Best regards
      Kurt

Kommentar

Thx for your support Snow. It helps me at least to understand what the switch does.
        The way I see it now, endeed the switch must be ON

KDS as well adviced to set the switch ON, thanks by the way.
        I must say that it is not very clear in the Marantz manual on page 12 and I would like to understand as well why we should make certain connections.
        Marantz claims in case you have another pre-amp one could use this switch. In the case I am refering to we have another sub (main amp).

All together I think it is clear for me now, but please correct me if I am wrong.
        With the switch turned ON the signal goes from first the pre-amp part of the Marantz to te sub.
        Depending on the setting of the LOW PASS (in my case 60Hz) the signal is filtered and for only the frequency above 60Hz will be send back to the Marantz main-amp part and from there to the speakers.
        The Marantz is relieved from working with the frequences below 60Hz and thus do a better job working with the speakers.
        Can this be confirmed?

Comming back to the knob VAR.PHASE
        Is it correct that this only has a function when the switch PHASE is set on 180 and thus allowing to set the system out of phase anywere between 0 and 180 degrees?
        Should im my case (2 x TS3) the PHASE switch be set on 0 or 180?

Thanks in advance for your further support

k rgds
        Wim

Kommentar

Zitat von Filmkelder Beitrag anzeigen
          Is it correct that this only has a function when the switch PHASE is set on 180 and thus allowing to set the system out of phase anywere between 0 and 180 degrees?

Thanks in advance for your further support

k rgds
          Wim
          Hello Wim,
          the phase setting refers to the positon of the sub and the listening place - not to the speaker... Or in other words: it would be the same for the TS3 as for the CL90X.

wbr, Harald

Kommentar

Thanks Harald for your contribution.

I hope there is more to say about this issue, for me to understand what the fase setting is doing and therefor understand better the reason why I have to make certain settings?

I really hoped and would apriciate when Kurt can answer my erlier questions in this regard?

I also hoped that Kurt could confirm my sumary regarding the LOW PASS and the SEPARATE switch?

k rgds
            Wim

Kommentar

Mein Deutch ist nicht so gut, aber ich versuch es.

Habe ich etwas falsh gesagt:(

Darf ich fragen was der Grund ist das Kurt nicht versucht mich weiter zu helfen

Ich hoffe das alles auf eines misverstandnis bassiert ist.

Whan est nicht in English geht, dan versuche ich es weiter in meinem bestens Deutch.

Fr grss
              Wim

Kommentar

Hallo Wim

Dein Deutsch ist gut. Alles verständlich. Und Kurt spricht und schreibt auch perfekt Englisch.

Aber Kurt liest nur selten außerhalb des Forums "Fragen an den Entwickler". Und er hat im Augenblick wenig Zeit, es ist wieder Hochsaison.

Alle kaufen PIEGA-Lautsprecher.
                Norbert,
                der NUR den eigenen Ohren vertraut

Kommentar

Hallo Norbert,

Tks for your message some weeks ago.
                  Perhaps you can move this topic to "Fragen an den Entwickler" so that Kurt will read it?
                  I am waiting patiently to receive the answer on my questions.

Meantime I would like to ask you if there is a better manual available.
                  The one supplied with the equipment is not very clear and does not explain what the different switches and knobs do.
                  I have played a lot with the knobs and I am satisfied now with the result now, but I still would like to know what I am doing and why.

Here in Holland I have read in a forum that there is a big difference in tuning a sub in a stereo set up or in a 5.1 situation. In a 5.1 situation for starters there is the receiver to helps us a with the bass management.

Indeed I have had in my HT set up no difficulties whatsoever, following the advice of some pro’s.

Herewith I would like to share my experience with the other members on this forum.

My HT set up:
                  Amp: Marantz SR 9600
                  Source: Marantz DV 9600
                  Front: 2 x C8 LTD
                  Surround: 2 x C2 LTD
                  Center: TC 40 CX
                  Sub: P SUB I MKII

I handled as follows:
                  Except for the cross-over and volume all the settings of the sub I used the “Grundeinstellung”.
                  The cross-over was set on max.
                  The volume was set on 1/3rd (five to twelve).

Then I have set the Marantz Room Acoustic Calibration system to do its job. The microphone I placed just behind the 1st listening row in my HT (there are two rows).
                  After the Marantz did his job I have changed back all the speaker settings to small.

The result is a good 5.1 experience on all five seats in my HT.

What was left is the setting for the analogue connection of the DV and the SR (for SACD).
                  I have simply copied the settings of the SR made by the MRAC to the DV9600
                  The effect is that the analogue connection will have the same characteristics as the digital one.
                  All over I am happy with the results.

What will allways be left is the nessesary finetuning according to your personal taste.
                  I hope this may help there were needed with your HT tuning.

k rgds
                  Wim

Kommentar

Hallo Wim

Wie Dir Norbert bereits geschrieben hat, schaue ich eigentlich nur unter Fragen an den Entwickler. Wenn ich mich sonst mal zu Wort melde, ist es eigentlich Zufall.....

Zufällig kenne ich den 7001, deshalb weiss ich, dass Du um einen Subwoofer über pre/out/in einzuschlaufen den Separate-Schalter auf on stellen musst. Sonst kann ich Dir zu Marantz leider keine fundierte Auskunft geben, kann Dir aber als Anlaufstelle für technische Fragen zu Marantz folgenden Kontakt sehr empfehlen:

Marantz Europe, a division of D&M Europe B.V.
                    P.O. Box 8744
                    5605 LS Eindhoven
                    The Netherlands

Zu PIEGA beantworte ich gerne konkrete Fragen, bei welchen Dein Fachhändler und die Gebrauchsanleitung nicht weiterhelfen können.

Freundliche Grüsse

PIEGA SA
                    Kurt
                    Zuletzt geändert von kds; 28.12.2007, 10:15.

Kommentar

Hallo Kurt

Tks for you message.

I continue in English since Norbert confirmed to me that this should not be any problem. The small part I did in German took me more than one hour, tks in advance for you understanding.

Without trying make a big issue out of it I would like to bring to your attention that if you (as a representative of the PIEGA company) answer on a certain question/topic I think you should follow this at least in some way.
                      Otherwise it should be picked up like your collegue Norbert did and send me in the right direction. Please correct me if I am wrong and I misunderstand the idea behind this forum, in particular the participation of PIEGA representatives.

Stefan (Snow) answered very clear to my question regarding the SEPERATE SWITCH and he helped me as well a lot to understand the why question.
                      Endeed it sepetates the PRE and MAIN ampliefiers so that the CROSS OVER of the PS 1 can do its job.
                      It is my humble opinion that your technical know-how could easely have answered my question for confirmation on the 19th of November.
                      I asked for this since Stefan seemed not 100% sure of his case, reading his response.
                      In the meantime and with the help of Stefan I have found out how it works and understand it as well

Coming back on you remark of your last post:
                      Quote:
                      Zu PIEGA beantworte ich gerne konkrete Fragen, bei welchen Dein Fachhändler und die Gebrauchsanleitung nicht weiterhelfen können.
                      Unquote

My following questions still remain unanswered:

Quote 18-11-2007:
                      Another question I have regards the settings of the sound characteristics.
                      Who can help me
                      Unquote

Quote 19-11-2007:
                      Unquote

Quote today:
                      The one supplied with the equipment is not very clear and does not explain what the different switches and knobs do.
                      I have played a lot with the knobs and I am satisfied now with the result now, but I still would like to know what I am doing and why.
                      Unquote

As you have read in my questions I am not a person who just follows what is written, but like to understand things as well. I don't want to be sour. I hope you understand my point of few and I kindly wait your profesional explanation/answers to my questions.

Kind regards
                      Wim.

Kommentar

Quote 18-11-2007:
                        Another question I have regards the settings of the sound characteristics.
                        Who can help me
                        Unquote

The VAR.PHASE alows you to feed the acoustical phase smooth from 0-180 degree

This funktion ist for compensating differnet distances from woofer/ mainspeaker a.s.o.

Quote 19-11-2007:

0° because no electricel HP in Crossover

Unquote

No, the knob VAR.PHASE is always working…..

Quote today:
                        Unquote

Do you have any dealer and what is his name?

Regards
                        Kurt

Kommentar

I have contacted B.S. Audio in Holland already

Kommentar

Lädt...
                          X