X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Tmicro Setup tips with Yamaha RX-730

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the correct setup of my gear. Right now I have the following hardware:

- Yamaha RX-730 avantage (http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...-a730_black_u/)
    - Pair of Tmicro 5 (as front speakers)
    - Pair of Tmicro 3 (as sattelites)
    - Tmicro Center speaker
    - Tmicro Sub (connected with Y-cable and set full-open except for volume)

Tmicro 3:
    Frequenzgang 60 Hz - 22 kHz

Tmicro 5:
    Frequenzgang 45 Hz - 22 kHz

Tmicro center:
    Frequenzgang 50 Hz - 22 kHz

Tmicro sub:
    Frequenzgang 30 Hz - 3 dB / variabel

When I try the YPAO auto setup it sets all speakers to 'large' and the subwoofer to 120hz. Is that correct? Previously i learned somewhere that all speakers should be set to 'small' and then the crossover of the sub set to the lowest possible as seen from the smallest speaker (in this case the Tmicro 3, so 60hz?).

Listening to the speakers set to small seems to give a better positioning in movies, but seems to be missing some lower bass or 'warmness'. Especially when i switch to a stereo source. If i push the crossover from 60hz to 120hz it gives more bass on the sub. But then it does seem that the Tmicro 5's are not doing so much. When i set them to 'large', they seem to have a much wider spectrum, but then somehow there is much less '3d/positioning' left when playing movies?

Can anyone advise me in the correct setup?

Kind Regards,
    Sander

Hello Sander,

the auto setup often sets all speakers to large, but no problem - just change it in the menu!
    With your speakers I would start with setting the crossover frequency to 80 Hz. Then try and set it to what you like - corresonding to your room and position.

And with your description of listening, I would hear multichannel in small and stereo in large.

Don´t know your Yamaha, but mine has some memory settings so you can change the speaker setup with one button!

And another idea:
    When you enter the setup with size, distance, level etc. - is there also an EQ option? With my Yamaha I can change between linear, natural, front or direct. Do you also have these options? If yes, then try "natural" to get a warmer sound!

Kommentar

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Tried the following:
      - Crossover at 80hz and all speakers set to small: there is lesser output on the sub ? but almost no bass - or missing details on the fronts (the Tmicro 5's); They sound a bit less 'warm'.
      - Crossover at 120hz and all speakers set to small: lots of bass on the sub, still almost no bass - or missing details on the fronts; They sound a bit less 'warm'. Maybe even more as with 80hz.
      - Crossover at 120hz/ 80hz and fronts set to large, rest to small: lots of bass on the sub, much 'warmer' sound on the fronts; but less 'effects'/ 'positioning' in movies??

So if the fronts are set to small, it seems these speakers are treated with the same frequencies as the satellite Tmicro3 speakers. That seems a bit stupid, why not use the full potential of the Tmicro 5 (no per-speaker crossover function unfortunately on the Yamaha)? Why is it that when they are set to large, that it sounds so different in multichannel?

I already found the "natural" EQ setting and I absolutely agree that it provides the best sound. It seems warmer. I leave it on "natural" because of that.

I'm still searching for the easy 'switch' between small and large setting on my receiver. Not sure if my Yamaha can do that...? Maybe with 'Scenes'?

Kommentar

yes, Scenes is the way to go: you can store any setup you like in a scene, so it would be possible to store one "large" setup and one "small" setup.

I can confirm your regardings: better movie experience the higher the crossover (at the moment it is 100 Hz in my setup)!

Kommentar

Please take into account: The LFE channel contains sound up to 120 Hz (per Dolby specification at 120 Hz and DTS at 80 Hz), if you set the crossover lower than the 120 Hz, this frequency gap will be lost, because it will not be redirected anywhere.
          Zimmerlautstärke ist, wenn ich die Musik in allen Zimmern gut hören kann.

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X